We went strawberry picking this past week and we have a ton of strawberries to use up! So, I made one of our favorite treats: strawberry sorbet! It’s top 8 free and delicious! Enjoy!
-2 cups water
-1 cup sugar
-4 cups strawberries, cleaned & hulled
-1/8 tsp salt
1. In a saucepan, combine water and sugar to make a simple syrup. Heat on low-medium, till the sugar is dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Set aside simple syrup mixture and cool.
3. Put strawberries and salt in a blender. Add the cooled simple syrup to the blender too.
4. Blend the mixture till it is puréed.
5. Strain the mixture through a metal strainer into a bowl. Use a spatula to push the mixture through the strainer if needed.
6. Place the strained mixture in the refrigerator to cool for 2-3 hours in a covered bowl.
7. Place the cooled mixture in an ice cream maker and churn according to the maker’s directions. I have a Cuisinart that I need to pre-freeze the bowl. So, with a frozen bowl, I churn mine for 30 minutes. Then it will be done and have a softer texture. If you want a firmer texture, place it in the freezer for a few hours or overnight. Enjoy!