Ah cookies, my first love! Just in time for Valentine’s Day is a recipe for a sweat treat for that special someone in your life! It’s super easy & gluten, dairy & nut free! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
-1 cup canola oil
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 tbl water
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup gluten free oat flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
-3 1/2 cups rolled oats
-1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lay a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper on two baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and water and microwave for 20 seconds to create a thick, syrup consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix canola oil, the brown sugar mixture, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the oil mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add in the oats and dried cranberries, until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop, to drop balls of the cookie mixture onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. 10 minutes for a softer cookie and 12 minutes for a crunchier cookie.
- Remove baked cookies from the oven and cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Then cool completely on a cooling rack. Repeat with cookie mixture until all cookies are baked. Bakes about 4 dozen cookies! Enjoy!