A quick, gluten free pasta that is full of veggies is a great recipe staple to have in your repertoire. I, like most foodies, in the past few years, have embraced vegetable noodles! They are a great substitute for those of you who can’t have wheat/gluten or are trying to limit it in your diet. I particularly like the zucchini noodles. Which is why I developed this Zucchini Noodle Pasta recipe!
It has protein in the form of my favorite quick ingredient: pre-cooked chicken sausages! It has lots of veggies with diced tomatoes and the zucchini noodles, balanced with a little fat from garlic olive oil! It is light, super quick & easy to make! It’s Top 8 Free & I hope you enjoy it!
Zucchini Noodle Pasta
-2 tbls olive oil
-2 tbls garlic olive oil (& a little extra for serving)
-1 medium yellow onion, diced
-1/2 tsp salt (& a little extra for serving)
-1/2 tsp black pepper (& a little extra for serving)
-1 package pre-cooked Italian chicken sausage, sliced into 1/4″ pieces
-1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
-2 boxes frozen zucchini noodles
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil and garlic olive oil on medium heat for 1 minute. Add the onion, salt and pepper. Sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in chicken sausage and sauté on medium heat till browned on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes with the juice. Stir and heat for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the frozen zucchini noodles. Simmer on low-medium heat, till noodles are heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir and serve. Drizzle with garlic olive oil and a little sprinkle of salt and pepper. Enjoy!