Just in time for Christmas, I have an easy and delicious allergy friendly recipe! It’s bacon wrapped beef tenderloin! Yes, Bacon. Wrapped. Beef. Tenderloin! You heard me correctly!
It’s super easy and top 8 free!! I hope you get a chance to enjoy it, this holiday season!
Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin
-2 lbs beef tenderloin roast
-2 gloves garlic, thinly sliced
–1 tbls olive oil
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1/2 lb bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- Prep roast, by using a pairing knife, to cut shallow slits into the top of the roast. Place a small slice of garlic in each slit, till you have about 12 pieces of garlic cut into the top of the roast.
- Rub the entire roast in olive oil and sprinkle all sides of the roast with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the bacon around the roast, sticking each end of the bacon strips under the bottom of the roast. Wrap till roast is completely covered in bacon.
- Place roast on a roasting rack, in a shallow roasting pan. Line pan with foil, for easier clean up. Roast in oven for about 25 minutes. Check roast by inserting a meat thermometer. It should read 120F – 130F for rare/medium-rare. Cook until desired doneness.
- Remove the roast from the oven and tent it under foil. Let the roast rest for 15 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!