Just in time for Halloween, is this delicious pumpkin bread! It is dairy free, nut free, peanut free, and soy free! It can be made all throughout the fall and even into Thanksgiving and Christmas too!
Pumpkin has been my favorite dessert for a long time, even before it was the “IT” dessert for fall. Pumpkin is great by itself, but all of it’s flavors are so wonderfully completed by spices such as nutmeg, cloves, and let’s not forget my personal favorite, cinnamon!!
I hope you enjoy this homemade pumpkin bread, as much as my family & I do!!
Allergy Friendly Pumpkin Bread
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp ground cloves
-1 tbl ground cinnamon
-1 tsp ground nutmeg
– 3/4 cup non-dairy butter, softened (such as Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Sticks)
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 15 oz can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease and flour two loaf pans, using a non-dairy butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until blended. Add the eggs and beat, until mixture is fluffy. Then add the pumpkin, until mixture is grainy and well combined.
- Slowly, add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly and pour the batter into the floured pans.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove loaves from pans and cool loaves on a cooling rack. Enjoy!