This is one of my signature recipes! I have been making it since I was a young, budding cook in my mom’s kitchen! It’s simple, yet scrumptious! It’s free of dairy, soy, and nuts too! Enjoy!
Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
-2 portobello mushroom caps
-1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
-1 tsp Italain seasoning
-1 lb ground mild Italian sausage (pork or chicken is fine, but I mostly use mild Italian chicken sausage)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Clean and lightly rinse the mushroom caps.
- Mix the bread crumbs and Italian seasoning together. Reserve 2 tablespoons, to top mushrooms with.
- Add the Italian sausage to the bread crumb and Italian seasoning mixture. Mix with hands till combined.
- Put the sausage mixture in the mushroom caps and lightly press down to fill the caps. Top with the reserved bread crumb mixture and lightly pat in.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or till cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes. Cut and serve. Enjoy!